The ACLU carries out a mission to strengthen civil liberties and civil rights – rights that can be threatened from manifold sources, new and old.
- July 8, 2021 In Memoriam: A Tribute to Frank Askin
- July 1, 2021 ACLU-NJ, Thrive NJ Coalition Tap Kaufman Zita Group in Expanding Effort to Pass Reproductive Freedom Act
- February 23, 2021 ACLU-NJ Statement in Response to FY2022 Proposed Budget and Address
- January 12, 2021 State of the State Response: 2021 Will Build on Civil Rights Expansions of 2020
- March 30, 2020 ACLU Lawsuit Demands Release of High Medical Risk Immigration Detainees Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- March 23, 2020 NJ Order to Release People in County Jails Breaks New Ground in COVID-19 Pandemic
- June 13, 2019 Retired Legal Director Ed Barocas' Remarks on Receiving the Roger N. Baldwin Award
- October 16, 2018 Ed Barocas, an NJ Legal Giant, Retires as ACLU-NJ Legal Director
- January 16, 2018 ACLU-NJ: We Congratulate New Governor and Hope to Advance Civil Rights and Liberties
- October 19, 2017 ACLU-NJ Scorecard Shows Mixed Civil Liberties Records
- State v. J.L.G.
Amicus brief challenge to the use of the scientific reliability of so-called Child Sexual Abuse Accommodation Syndrome
- N.J. Division of Child Protection v. J.J.
Amicus brief in support of the right to self-representation in termination of parental rights cases.
- Kneisser v. McInerney
Challenge to a man put in jail for not paying a fine for littering same day as court date.
- In re N.J.A.C. 6A:8
Challenge to discriminatory regulations requiring certain scores on PARCC standardized tests to receive diploma.
- Adam X v. New Jersey Department of Corrections and Department of Education
Challenge to DOC for failing to provide appropriate education to students with special education needs in violation of IDEA.
- Chere v. Taye
- Moriarity v. Brandt