The ACLU carries out a mission to strengthen civil liberties and civil rights – rights that can be threatened from manifold sources, new and old.
- October 16, 2018 Ed Barocas, an NJ Legal Giant, Retires as ACLU-NJ Legal Director
- January 16, 2018 ACLU-NJ: We Congratulate New Governor and Hope to Advance Civil Rights and Liberties
- October 19, 2017 ACLU-NJ Scorecard Shows Mixed Civil Liberties Records
- August 23, 2017 Five Facts About the ACLU-NJ’s New Executive Director, Amol Sinha
- August 23, 2017 ACLU-NJ’s New Executive Director is Amol Sinha, Jersey-Raised Civil Rights Advocate
- July 27, 2017 Victory: Detained Nurse’s Ebola Suit Secures Due Process
- June 22, 2017 NJ Law Journal Names ACLU-NJ Senior Staff Attorney its ‘Attorney of the Year’
- September 8, 2016 Quarantined Nurse Can Move Forward With Part of Suit Against Christie
- July 27, 2016 Poor parents have right to representation when challenging private adoptions, NJ Supreme Court rules
- June 30, 2016 ACLU-NJ Adds Four New Trustees
- State v. J.L.G.
Amicus brief challenge to the use of the scientific reliability of so-called Child Sexual Abuse Accommodation Syndrome
- N.J. Division of Child Protection v. J.J.
Amicus brief in support of the right to self-representation in termination of parental rights cases.
- Kneisser v. McInerney
Challenge to a man put in jail for not paying a fine for littering same day as court date.
- In re N.J.A.C. 6A:8
Challenge to discriminatory regulations requiring certain scores on PARCC standardized tests to receive diploma.
- Adam X v. New Jersey Department of Corrections and Department of Education
Challenge to DOC for failing to provide appropriate education to students with special education needs in violation of IDEA.
- Chere v. Taye
- Moriarity v. Brandt