This police precinct is made up of parts of the South, East and Central Wards.
The 3rd Police Precinct is the largest geographical police precinct, encompassing 12 square miles, including Newark’s downtown area. It is best known for its Ironbound neighborhood, which is home to a large Portuguese community and is home to major landmarks such as the Newark Liberty International Airport, Port Newark, Prudential Center and NJPAC. The ward has roughly 60,000 residents.
3rd Precinct Yearly Totals
|Year||Stops||Arrests||Black Stops||White Stops||Latino Stops|
2014 does not include stats from July 2014, which the NPD has not published.
3rd Precinct Monthly Totals
|Year-Month||Stops||Arrests and Summonses||Black Stops||White||Latino|
N/A = The Newark Police Department did not publish this stop-and-frisk data.
- Newark Stop-and-Frisk: Main Page
- Newark Stop-and-Frisk: 2nd Precinct
- Newark Stop-and-Frisk: 4th Precinct
- Newark Stop-and-Frisk: 5th Precinct
- Newark Stop-and-Frisk: Get the Facts
- ACLU-NJ Welcomes First Set of Newark “Stop-and-Frisk” Data, Hopes Police’s Reports Will Go Further
- ACLU-NJ Praises Newark’s Adoption of Stop-and-Frisk Transparency Policy