This police precinct is made up of parts of the South, East and Central Wards.
The 5th Police Precinct mainly encompasses the South Ward and is best known for its two neighborhoods – Weequahic and Clinton Hill. It is home to roughly 55,000 residents, and is home to the city’s second largest hospital, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center. Most of the residents in the South Ward are either African American or Latino.
5th Precinct Yearly Totals
|Year||Stops||Arrests and Summonses||Black Stops||White Stops||Latino Stops|
2014 does not include stats from July 2014, which the NPD has not published.
5th Precinct Monthly Totals
|Year-Month||Stops||Arrests and Summonses||Black Stops||White||Latino|
N/A = The Newark Police Department did not publish this stop-and-frisk data.
- Newark Stop and Frisk: Main Page
- Newark Stop and Frisk: 2nd Precinct
- Newark Stop and Frisk: 3rd Precinct
- Newark Stop and Frisk: 4th Precinct
- Newark Stop-and-Frisk: Get the Facts
- ACLU-NJ Welcomes First Set of Newark “Stop-and-Frisk” Data, Hopes Police’s Reports Will Go Further
- ACLU-NJ Praises Newark’s Adoption of Stop-and-Frisk Transparency Policy