Collaborative Advocacy with Community and Organizational Partners
Advocacy is bigger than any one organization. We’re most effective when we raise our voices together – and that’s why the ACLU-NJ works in coalition on issues that are critical to New Jerseyans.
We can get more done as a group, working with partners who bring different perspectives and different roles, with the same objectives: to attain justice for people who demand it.
The ACLU-NJ is part of several structured coalitions:
- Abolish the Drug War NJ
- Let’s Drive New Jersey
- Newark Communities for Accountable Policing
- New Jersey Alliance for Immigrant Justice
- New Jersey Communities for Accountable Policing
- New Jersey Prison Justice Watch
- New Jersey United for Marijuana Reform
Apart from more formal coalitions, we work with like-minded organizations on every issue to broaden the reach of our advocacy.